Memberships run from September 1 through August 31. By joining our local chapter, you earn immediate access to a unique set of benefits. You also establish yourself as a contributing sponsor of our Penn State themed activities in Central Ohio.
Our annual membership drive will be getting underway this Fall. Your membership fees help us sustain and grow the Penn State spirit in Central Ohio. The dues help provide quality programs and events to our alumni, students, and Penn State families. A portion of your membership dues go directly to our local scholarship fund. Membership runs from September 1 – August 31. All current chapter memberships will expire on August 31, 2017.
Welcome to the Chapter!
Memberships run from September 1, 2017 through August 31, 2018. Memberships include special benefits, including one entry in the lottery for tickets for the PSU/OSU game the year when PSU comes to Columbus to play (October 28, 2017). Benefits include:
- one (1) entry in the lottery for tickets to the Ohio State game every other year when the game is played in Columbus (next game is October 28, 2017). Lottery winners can purchase two (2) tickets to the game with seating in the Penn State fan section. You must be an active dues paying member of our local chapter to participate in the football ticket lottery and your membership is active and in place no later than September 30, 2017.
- membership through August 2018.
- the ability to earn immediate membership privileges, including voting rights and the right to run for election to the board.
Why should you be a dues paying member?
- Your membership fees help provide quality programs and events to our alumni, students, and Penn State families.
- Your membership fees also help us sustain and grow the Penn State spirit in Central Ohio. The great majority of the funds we raise stay right here.
- Most commonly, our monies are used to buy Penn State gift items that get raffled off as door prizes during our many social events. Simply by participating and adding your Penn State enthusiasm to ours, you have a very good chance of getting some or all of your membership fee back in the form of a Penn State goody or even Creamery ice cream which is sometimes served at the Annual Picnic!
You’ll have the opportunity to help us meet our objectives as a social and service organization. We sponsor numerous events throughout the year, and our fund raising efforts benefit local causes like the Columbus Zoo, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, and a scholarship to Penn State for area students. We also raise money for specific Penn State causes, frequently donating to THON for example. There’s strength and success in numbers and your joining us helps us do more to help others.
The terms of this membership offer:
- $25 for an individual
- $35 for couples, families, or households
How do you become a dues paying member?
- Electronically – Payments are easily and securely made with credit/debit cards or PayPal via our online store at shop.psucolumbus.org. Add a membership to your shopping cart and before you check out, considering making a donation to the scholarship fund.
- By mail – If you prefer to pay by check, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Checks should be made out to “Central Ohio PSAA” and the memo line should note your payment instructions ($25 membership, $25 membership plus $10 scholarship donation, $35 membership, etc.) Please include your contact information as well as your email address.
Please contact any board member if you have any questions at email@example.com. Otherwise, we look forward to seeing your name added to our roster!
Member Benefits – Penn State Alumni Association – Central Ohio Chapter
Email updates to upcoming events
Eligible for PSU football ticket lottery
Discounts on selected events and items for sale
Eligibility to become a Chapter Board Member